Tuesday 27 February 2018

Sepia Saturday 408 : 3 March 2018


SEPIA SATURDAY 408 : 3 MARCH 2018
GROUPS  :  CAPS  :  GOLF  :  BOOTS

Our prompts for March 2018 all come from the Flickr Commons stream of the Vancouver Public Library Historical Photograph Collection. The prompt this week is a fine group photograph from the 1920s of "caddies at Shaughnessy Golf Club". As always, you are free to hit the theme in any direction and take as many shots as you like - all you have to do is to post your post on or around Saturday 3rd February 2018 and add a link to the list below.

Whilst you are waiting for your turn to take a shot, you might want to contemplate the next couple of Sepia Saturday prompts.



LIFE AFTER FACEBOOK
Just a quick note to explain how I hope to keep you all informed about new Sepia Saturday prompts following the closure/archiving of our Facebook Group. Each week I will send an announcement out to all my existing Facebook friends (if you aren't in this "select" group just send a friend request) and I will also add a Twitter announcement under the hashtag #SepiaSaturday. If you have Flipboard, don't forget there is a Flipboard Sepia Saturday Magazine  and I will try to make sure that the weekly prompts appears there as well. And finally, let me stress that Sepia Saturday and the Sepia Saturday Blog will continue for the foreseeable future.

12 comments:

tony said...

I took the "group" angle.

La Nightingail said...

All suited up!

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

Couldn't resist recycling this photo which has been
used for prior Sepia posts. I find them just as
interesting to use the second or third time around
specially when the take on the image is different.

Wendy said...

A man surrounded by children and a monument

Molly's Canopy said...

I took the Irish angle, introducing an Irish in-law from Wales.

Mike Brubaker said...

I've used so many boys groups recently, I decided to go with the stout man theme. Musical of course.

Barbara Rogers said...

Some groups of potters, and some pottery masters (link to the caddie master of course.)

Tattered and Lost said...

A shot from 1920 of steelworkers in Scotland.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to make a habit of participating again. Week #2.

Alex Daw said...

Hi everyone - I could only give you links to the photos on this weekends post because of publishing restrictions but please do go and look at them because I think they are really fabulous.

21 Wits said...

Ah, I also took the group/club road, but except there's no golfing included!

ScotSue said...

Three small groups in my collection, but each telling a story.