Tuesday 17 January 2017

SEPIA SATURDAY 351 : 21 January 2017


Marilyn has set us an interesting challenge this week by giving us as our theme image two pictures of the same woman at different stages of her life. The photographs are of the Danish artist Bertha Wegmann and both photographs are featured on the Flickr Commons stream of the Royal Library of Denmark (PHOTO 1 / PHOTO 2). According to the Flickr description, Wegmann lived from 1833-1891, but this can't be the case as the photographs clearly don't fit into such a timeframe. Double checking her Wikipedia biography, it appears she lived from 1846-1926. 

As usual all you need to do is to interpret the theme in any way you want to and post your post on or around Saturday 21st January 2017 and add a link to the list below. Here is our usual preview of what is awaiting us over the next couple of weeks.






11 comments:

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I had lots of good options for this weeks prompt. I'm guessing everyone did.

ScotSue said...

The difficulty this week was in making a choice from the many studio photographs in my collection. So here are friendship photos, confirmation photos and portraits with pets - plus portraits of my grandmother and mother across the years.

La Nightingail said...

Photographing and painting flowers in a wide variety of ways.

Georgie said...

I thought I was jumping the gun posting a few days early, but you guys beat me to it :)

I was also spoiled for choice - who to pick... I chose my namesake, my great grandmother.

Great prompt!

Kerryn Taylor said...

I agree with Georgie, great prompt! It gave me the opportunity to blog about my recent acquisition of an early photo of my paternal grandmother.

Alan Burnett said...

This week I am exploring the "sepia bonus"

Barbara Rogers said...

Not studio portraits for me, but honoring one of my grandmothers, who was also an artist.

Kristin said...

Jennie, Fannie and Daisy through the decades.

Mike Brubaker said...

Until I read the backstory to our prompt I didn't think I would have anything. But I actually have a very good match. And a pair of musicians too.

Little Nell said...

Nearly missed the boat.

Tattered and Lost said...

Been away for quite awhile, but needed to rejoin the fun.