Wednesday 23 March 2016

Sepia Saturday 323 : 26 March 2016


As that great cultural icon, Lord Elgin, once said: "life is just a game of marbles".  And it is with such a game that I round off my batch of Sepia Saturday prompts - the prompts for the next three months have been chosen by my fellow Sepia Administrator, Marilyn. So with this group of enthusiastic boys in their short trousers and school socks, the boys hand over to the girls, as far as the choice of theme images are concerned. This final image choice comes from the Flickr Commons collection of the National Library of Wales and has the romantic title (!) "Aspects of Amman Valley life before the Urdd Eisteddfod was held there in 1949" As usual, all you need to do is to examine where this image takes you in terms of your own old photographs - and take us along with you by means of a link to your blogpost on the Linky List below.

If you are already fed up to the teeth with my prompts, here is a little preview of what Marilyn has in store for us in the next couple of weeks. You can find a full listing of all the prompts for the second quarter of the year by following the link in the side bar.


I have been trying my best to remember how to play marbles, but - in a sign of the times - I have discovered that there is a YouTube instructional video which will probably explain the finer points and the subtle differences between "quitsies" and "keepsies". Here's hoping that you don't play quitsies and you joined us on or around Saturday 26th March 2016.



16 comments:

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I wrote a few blogs ahead so I could post while on the road in India. We seemed easily amused as children and could be entertained with an empty box and a stick. Or maybe just the empty box.

Jofeath said...

Happy Easter to all - getting in early as I'm off to Canberra for the National Folk Festival over the Easter holiday.

La Nightingail said...

Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me!

kathy said...

A few pictures with balls.

diane b said...

It reminds me of my mums old school photos and hockey team.

21 Wits said...

This week I went for the game of good old fashion mysteries!

Wendy said...

I have a great title, but it goes downhill pretty quickly. Visit with low expectations.

Barbara Rogers said...

Children at play...the most I could find of old family photos. From snowballs to sandcastles!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

I still love Marbles!

Alex Daw said...

I cheerfully confess that this is probably a more appropriate posting for Sepia Saturday 325 but- too bad! I have adapted it at the end to meet the theme this week. I hope you enjoy the ditty and don't find it too long a shaggy dog story.

Mike Brubaker said...

I've got boys at play, but of a different sort. Really boys at work. Musical of course.

Tattered and Lost said...

Oh heck, I lost my marbles a long time ago.

Kristin said...

Not marbles but jacks.

Alan Burnett said...

Playing marbles on a curved surface with weighted marbles - that's crown green bowling

Little Nell said...

Lots to remember this week.

Unknown said...

Games - Having Fun. Yes, that's the ticket!