Tuesday 28 July 2015

Sepia Saturday 290 : 1 August 2015


What better way to spend the day? Book into a smart hotel, relax with a glass of whatever you fancy, sit back and think about design. Our Sepia Saturday theme image this week comes from the Flickr stream of the Internet Book Archive and features an advert for the Hotel Ostend in Atlantic City, NY. When I look at the illustration I think about hotels, obviously, but I also think about design because, to me, it is a beautifully designed illustration. What you see when you look at the illustration is the starting point for your post for Sepia Saturday 290 - post you posts on or around Saturday 1 August 2015 - and whichever way you interpret the theme will be quite acceptable.

But having booked into the Sepia Saturday Hotel, why not linger in the lobby for a few moments and browse through the list of themes in the coming few weeks.


Now the bell-boy is calling your name. It is time to put your post together and add a link to the list below so that other people can check-in and see what you are up to. 



21 comments:

Barbara said...

The Grosvenor House Hotel, London

Jofeath said...

Snow or sea, what hotel should we choose?

Postcardy said...

My illustrations are of a railroad train.

Anne Young said...

I was thinking of Sir Claude this week, following the sad news of a lion being shot for sport in Africa. Sir Claude was an active hunter who killed many animals for his own amusement. In his memoirs he talks about a visit to Florida and the hotels he stayed in.

La Nightingail said...

"There's A Small Hotel" - Actually, there's quite a few of them!

Anne Young said...

Sorry - a gremlin got into my first link and had to relink :(. Not doing too well on removing the first bad link :(

Alan Burnett said...

A trip to the States with my Gran.

Alan Burnett said...

Ive removed the link for you Anne

Wendy said...

Some motels we stayed in when I was growing up

DougVernX said...

I've got a postcard of a haunted hotel.

Anne Young said...

Thanks Alan

Alex Daw said...

I do go on a bit about one of the hotel guests but I hope you enjoy it.

Tattered and Lost said...

Some rather drab slides of England in 1949.

violet s said...

Hotel lobbies are lovely places to hang out and people watch. The only hotel I ever stayed at as a child.

Mike Brubaker said...

Compared to my post from last week and this weekend's theme, I have something from another coast. It's the real Ostend which was a very musical place.

21 Wits said...

I'm in and I had a bit of fun with this hotel theme!

Joan said...

Cutting it pretty thin with this post, but made it before the witching hour.

Barbara Rogers said...

I wanted to share some photos from my life, and then I read the sign and it was the St. Peter's House in New Orleans, LA, (a B&B) so I'm on topic for this week!

Unknown said...

I think that's Atlantic City, NJ, not NY! From an ad in Harper's Magazine:
https://books.google.com/books?id=sGQCAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA1066&lpg=PA1066&dq=%22hotel+ostend%22+atlantic&source=bl&ots=W_67XWw-Bz&sig=dD-Dn-iux0BW7LxJdNe2WA3KEr4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFYQ6AEwCGoVChMIm5KCh6KQxwIVRlk-Ch3bQwKS#v=onepage&q=%22hotel%20ostend%22%20atlantic&f=false

Unknown said...

Oops, better link:
Hotel Ostend Ad

Kristin said...

A week late and about lack of accommodations instead of a posh hotel.