Wednesday 22 July 2015

Sepia Saturday 289 : 25 July 2015


It's alright for us up here in the northern hemisphere: it's summer and the chances are that - if you are anywhere else but West Yorkshire - the sun is shining. It's time for holidays; time for the sea and the sands. To illustrate this I have chosen a picture of one of the most iconic beaches of all, Bondi Beach, but you will have probably noticed that it is in the southern hemisphere which is in the middle of winter at the moment. So your theme can be summer, sun and sands or winter, snow and cold or old postcards, or waves or the Bondi Vet (I have included that last one in for my wife who is madly in love with the Bondi Vet). All you have to do is to post a post on or around Saturday 25th July and add a link to the list below.

Before you fall asleep under the beach umbrella (norther hemisphere) / extra warm duvet (southern hemisphere), perhaps you would like to look ahead to the next few weeks.


You can think about all of those in the future, for now just join Sepia Saturday relaxing here on the beach. "Now Bruno, don't kick sand in my face!" "Marilyn, Marilyn, Bruno's kicking sand in my face again!"



13 comments:

Dee said...

Several of you had commented on a photo I posted previously. The link to this entry is my take on your comments...

Dee

ScotSue said...

A predictable theme of happy beach memories from my early childhood in my seaside home of Blackpool - and beyond.

Barbara Rogers said...

A group of old b&w photos, then a post card and my own pictures from where I lived on the Atlantic Ocean.

Jofeath said...

Family experiences of Bondi Beach

Kristin said...

Photo of us at the beach on the Isle of Palms,SC 1975.

DougVernX said...

I've got a beach related postcard this week>

Joan said...

No ocean.

violet s said...

beaches weren't a part of my summer holidays, nor was the seaside.
and the first time I knew about the location of my postcard was from the funniest show ever made.

Boobook said...

Some holiday snaps this time.

Tattered and Lost said...

A post with a little bit of summer and some information for those in the US about Honor Flights.

Anne Young said...

I picked up on the sea theme and have written about some recent and not so recent research I have done on members of my family who died at sea.

Mike Brubaker said...

My contribution this weekend is lots of beach and ocean views, with music of course.

La Nightingail said...

Lots of beaches from 1900 to 2015!