Monday 30 March 2015

Sepia Saturday 273 : 4th April 2015


What better way to spend an Easter Holiday weekend than to take a ride in the park. These ladies are enjoying a Springtime ride in Battersea Park - but whether it is Central Park or Waterfront Park, Myers Park or La Fontaine Park, it makes no difference if you want to join in the fun. Just choose an old image - either connected to the theme image or not - and share in in a Sepia Saturday post. Post your post on or around Saturday 4th April 2015 and add a link to the list below. Our theme image comes from the British Library collection on Flickr Commons and is taken from a book entitled "The Municipal Parks, Gardens and Open Spaces of London" So as a sepia Easter present you have a range of potential themes to follow - cycling, parks, long skirts, book and newspaper illustrations - the choice is yours.

Before you push off - so to speak - take a look at what our next couple of themes are so you can be ready to recycle an appropriate old image.

274 : Coal / Power / Horses / Carts

275 : Cables / Wires / Ladders / Workers

So have a great Easter and get those sepia cycles on the road.




17 comments:

ScotSue said...

I am quick off the mark this week, before I begin the daunting A-Z April Challenge of a posting per day. My theme Family History - Sources and Stories

La Nightingail said...

Stars shine on two wheels.

Brett Payne said...

It's been a while, and I'm not sure how long I can keep up with regular contributions, but I'll give a bash anyway.

Unknown said...

An Easter postcard that will give you chills...

Alan Burnett said...

A little Easter present to myself - memories of my mother and a bottle of malt.

Wendy said...

Some skirt fashions -- short and sweet as I am out of town for Easter. I'll try to get around to everyone eventually. Happy Easter!

Barbara Rogers said...

Mainly Easter outfit, basket & candy, cute little kid, oh, and it's from home movies so very sepian!

Mike Brubaker said...

No bicycles for two in my collection but ladies in hats I've got.

DougVernX said...

Good luck riding my bike!

Anonymous said...

Riding over for a cuppa

Boobook said...

Some family backyard snapshots this week.

Nigel Aspdin (Derby, UK) said...

Happy Easter!! Like Brett I have been away for too long but I do keep an eye on suitable opportunities to contribute.

Little Nell said...

Two girls on bicycles; my mother and her granddaughter.

Kristin said...

Buffalo Soldiers on bicycles and Clarence Cleage, a later Buffalo Soldier.

L. D. said...

I last posted antique Valentines so it was about time I got back on task. I really enjoy visiting everyone's posts.

Anonymous said...

No bikes, but I have a cunning plan :-)

Tattered and Lost said...

Very late to the show this week. Only slightly on theme with two gals and one wheel.