Tuesday 26 August 2014

Sepia Saturday 243 : 30 August 2014

Glass Negative from the Collection of the Powerhouse Museum on Flickr Commons
I am running away this weekend. Escaping the crowds. Off to a beach. The beach in question might be in Cornwall rather than in Australia, but it all fits in fairly well with our theme image this week. So I will not be posting a Sepia image, but I will do my best to take one and share it with you on my return. For the rest of you who are not able to escape to the seaside, you can submit your Sepia Saturday posts on or around Saturday 30th August and then link the post to the list below.

Before you catch the train and head for the coast, take a look at what is around the Sepia Saturday corner.

Itinerant entertainers, hurdy gurdy man, unusual pets, monkeying around


Drinking, sharing, posing, lurking


I'm off to find my bucket and spade. Off to pack my bags. Of to the sun (or, according to the latest weather forecast), off to heavy showers and strong westerly winds. See you soon.



19 comments:

Jofeath said...

Coogee Beach and its neighbour Bronte, in more recent times.

Kristin said...

My grandfather with 2 of his children outside of the Belle Isle Conservatory in 1925.

La Nightingail said...

There are a multitude of ways one might 'escape' and here are a few.

Barbara Rogers said...

Several beaches, from 1948 till 2012.

Anonymous said...

Carmel by the Sea (that was)

Anonymous said...

Going bush in Australia in the early 1900's

Boobook said...

I concentrated on the lone walker.

Wendy said...

Men in suits

Anonymous said...

Escape the crowds by bushwalking in 1930 with the help of a pack horse.

Kerryn Taylor said...

Runaway grandfather, beaches and trains in my family story.

Sharon said...

Childhood memories of school holidays.

Postcardy said...

I have a train that ran along the California coast.

Little Nell said...

Speaking through the voices of my children as they were then.

ScotSue said...

There was so much to choose from in this week's prompt, but I have opted for Trains - as I have not featured them before. So take your seat and take a tour with me!

DougVernX said...

You won't have to climb to the view I have. Just hop in your car!

21 Wits said...

I think your hitting the open road, or seaside for an escape too fun, and must work with that! I hope you have a wonderfully grand time on your vacation away.

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

My story is about a family "legend".

Sherri said...

"Getting Away from it All". And that's exactly what I will be doing for the next couple of weeks so won't have any posts for you for a little while.

Abby Normal said...

Cold summers in Denmark. Apparently.