Monday 28 October 2013

Sepia Saturday 201 : 2 November 2013

Sepia Saturday 200 
First of all, a massive thank you for all your contributions to Sepia Saturday 200. We had a fabulous selection of entries and they really did represent "the very best of Sepia Saturday". During the coming week I will be putting the first draft of the commemorative book together and getting in touch with individual contributors if there is anything I need to check or revise. Hopefully by the weekend I will be able to update you on progress. If you didn't manage to get a contribution posted over the weekend but still want to have something in the book, get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Sepia Saturday 201


Houses are such an important part of all our lives, be they big or small, stone or wood, brick or turf. Along with babies, weddings and great auntie Edith, houses must be one of the top photographic subjects of all time. Our theme photograph this week features the rather splendid Robert Goelet House from Newport, Rhode Island which is featured in the Cornell University Library stream on Flickr Commons. So all you need to do is to hunt out your old photographs of houses - or anything else related to this weeks' theme image - and feature them in a post that you publish on or around Saturday 2nd November. Once published, add the link to the list below. Before you start laying the foundations for your post this week, take a look at what is to come over the next couple of weeks.



202 : Photographer, beach, camera, tripod, and even Corky The Cat - there is so much going on in Sepia Saturday 202 that it is a theme for all seasons.


203 : Have you ever noticed how many photographs are taken in doorways? For Sepia Saturday 203 we are asking you to frame yourself - well frame your great uncle Joe - open the door, and enter into the spirit of things.
But before you go off into the future, it is time to return home - return to the house of memories.



32 comments:

Kristin said...

Quite early this week. Halloween and a big house that's been seen before.

Postcardy said...

I have homes of old movie stars.

Rosie said...

Every house tells a story, some good, some bad, but, still, it tells a story for anyone interested in listening or even elaborating on it.

tony said...

Happy Halloween Sepians Eveywhere!

ScotSue said...

A look back at homes of my family.

Dee said...

We have homes...my families of origin were proud of them.

And rightfully so.

Dee

La Nightingail said...

We just gave out candy to over 300 trick-or-treaters! (We live in a compact neighborhood and folks in outlying areas truck their kids in here to beg treats door to door. Whew!) Luckily I found time to post my Sepia Saturday entry.

Wendy said...

Houses galore but I'm not sure if it's because I had TOO much to say or TOO LITTLE!

Mike Brubaker said...

I bet I've got the biggest house this weekend! Musical too.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I spent a couple of hours looking for a photo I know I have somewhere, but finally had to give up. It's 75 outside in our grove (just another October day) and too beautiful to stay cooped up inside. Reading through the first posts this week, Sepians have become even more creative than ever...it's hard to keep up with this clever bunch.

Unknown said...

If you're ever driving along Rt. 9 in Newton (Boston), Massachusetts...take a look for this old place -- or what's left of it!

Bob Scotney said...

An American motor magnste's house.

Unknown said...

I will be posting with something to rival the photo in the prompt but in several more hours...stirring up old ghosts to do so.

Hazel said...

I got the home of the Bard of Avon's wife; will be watching out for word on the commemorative book in later weeks.

Anonymous said...

Today I'm going back 202 years to my ggg grandfather's house .

Tattered and Lost said...

The house as status symbol.

Bruno Laliberté said...

It is now past 2 am but I've finally managed finishing this post, even after an exhausting week on so many levels. I am on theme, sort of, in an "anti" manner and my [colossal, you've been warned!!] post has somewhat turned into a social critique. As Mike once told me, you might want to keep this one for last, well, those who actually bother to visit me, that is... There are [some] pretty pictures, but the topic is quite serious.

Thank you!!

Jackie van Bergen said...

from one set of great grandparents down to me and back up to another set of great grandparents - a selection of houses

Boobook said...

Just one house today.

Sharon said...

Homes that I have lived in.

Little Nell said...

Better late than never. I may be a while visiting everyone this week - but I’ll get round to it - even Bruno’s!!!

21 Wits said...

I really like this theme and all week I wasn't sure which way to go. My own old houses? Or? Then time was beginning to run out, but I got mine in today!

anyjazz said...

Castle or crate, there's no place like home... well, at least according to Dorothy.

DougVernX said...

Sorry I'm late this week. I had a tooth out and I'm being a big baby. lol!

Cassmob (Pauleen) said...

I have posted my saga on this topic.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Timber framed houses for me, a recent find.

dakotaboo said...

I'm in the house.

Joan said...

Done. Two months of no Sepia Saturday postings and I was completely bamboozled whilst trying to post this piece.

L. D. said...

Hey, I made it two weeks in a row. I never did find the actual house that I wanted to share in this blog so maybe next time when I have finished going through all my picasa files.

Kat Mortensen said...

Not participating this week with a post, but I'm trying to visit everyone over the next few days. I may write the post at some point too.

Jofeath said...

Better late than never, I hope, with the excuse that I've been away. Now to catch up on my reading of everyone else's blogs :-)

Kat Mortensen said...

I am the latest of you all!