Tuesday 6 April 2010

Sepia Saturday Week 18

Sepia Saturday is back after its Easter break : Week 18 of our backwards looking photographic blog will take place on Saturday the 10th April. It seems that some people posted a Sepia Saturday entry last Saturday and then worried that they might have "broken the rules". Again I should point out that the only rule for Sepia Saturday is that there are no rules. Our photograph to accompany this call for posts comes from the last Sepia Saturday entry of the truly magnificent Willow. Willow has been supporting the Sepia Saturday project since it was first started and therefore deserves a big vote of thanks. But I am including this image because it reminds us all that without the photographers; without that legion of enthusiasts with their Box Brownies and their Folding Agfas, there would be no Sepia Saturdays and far fewer memories for us to share. 

Use the following form to sign up before you post or sign up after you post, or write your shopping list on. 

15 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Well I shall be participating this week. And I need some fresh bread and milk, some potatoes, some bacon ....

Tess Kincaid said...

I did a double take when I saw this thumbnail of my grandpa on my blogroll! I thought "uh-oh...what did I do, now?" Hee!

I've thoroughly enjoyed participating in Sepia Saturday, as well as browsing everyone's delightful family photographic treasures.

tony said...

On Friday I,m off to St Annes for the weekend So.....my post is on "timed" & i cannot give a direct link.Happy Saturday to all!

L. D. said...

Just checking in. I had my sepia done a whole week early since I didn't read the fine print. It is all so interesting.

FireLight said...

This week's post is a 21st century sepia. My son took the photo with his Nikon and had it printed in sepia to give it a portrait quality. I actually did a post last week before I read that it was to be a week off! So from me, you get two for the price of one!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

my post will be up at 12 a.m. u.s. eastern time!!! you might be able to guess that i wrote the post last week, before discovered sepia saturday was on holiday - so i just 'extended' the holiday! happy spring!!

Unknown said...

It will be fun again; I had no time last week but hope to see all these this time tomorrow....I have been contacted by previously unknown relatives (to me) as a result of my Sepia posts! And as a great gift, Meri fond some things from my Grandpap Teofil for me as well as his brother's draft card!

Anonymous said...

My post is up and since I am having my blog printed it is also serving as a journal for my family. So glad to read Pat's comment on finding some family info as a result of SS. Thanks for administering this.
QMM

Barry said...

I couldn't post last Saturday and was feeling badly about it until I learned it was a sepia Saturday holiday. Now I'm guilt free, as long as I get a post up today.

Kat Mortensen said...

I'm in!

Kat

Nana Jo said...

Martin from Square Sunshine left a lovely comment on my blog and suggested that I enter my latest post in your Sepia Saturday. What a marvellous idea for a blog! I am delighted to participate.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I just found this link party - what an interesting theme. I put my link up as well.

neetzy said...

Okay. I do love this Sepia Saturday! I made a point to post something, but forgot the protocol. I love reading everyone's posts and I enjoy the pics!

Nana Jo said...

As I initially gave a link to my whole blog, I'm providing one now to just the Sepia post. I am really enjoying reading all your posts and look forward to participating again.

Nana Jo said...

As I initially gave a link to my whole blog, I'm providing one now to just the Sepia post. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts and look forward to participating again.